JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dialing Kepad tone change?

(Topic created: 02-05-2021 02:56 PM)
userxZd4zauEm9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

On my new S21, I can't find the setting to change the sound effect used while touching numbers on the phone dialing keypad.  I know how to turn sound effects for dialing on or off, but it seems choosing the actual sound effect is nowhere to be found.  I changed the sound of the ringtone, but the touch keypad sound is not in the same setting. It's stuck on this stupid drip sound effect for every number I hit.  

Any thoughts on how to choose the sound effect for the dialing keypad?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
under sounds and vibration-> system sounds change it to galaxy or something else. when I choose rétro it has the drop sound.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
under sounds and vibration-> system sounds change it to galaxy or something else. when I choose rétro it has the drop sound.
userxZd4zauEm9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Interesting.  So you don't get complete control over the keypad sound?  I used Retro for general notification, like plugging in the charger, but didnt know it was a package deal with keypad drop sound for dialing. How odd. 

Thanks for the help!

userxf8G72PAPe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you, @nopen1278 . I was having the same problem with my S20-Ultra. I changed the system sounds back to Galaxy and now I have the classic number tones when I dial a number.  Apparently the "Fun" option changes your dialing keypad to sound like some squeaky toy?? I was dreading making a phone call! You saved my sanity.

user4qqMeg2mTg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
had the same squeaky toy issue. Galaxy sound fixed it..