JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dissapearing text

(Topic created: 01-04-2022 09:03 AM)
uservUpoXc2XZO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey samsung think u could fix this little problem where our text (no matter what app we r using) completely dissapears and there is no way to retrieve it. It's not a draft while sending a text nor the clipboard. Like I said it doesn't matter what I'm typing on TEXT, SAMSUNG NOTES, FACEBOOK... It does not matter. I'm been a galaxy customer the the fascinate came out like 16 years ago and I'm really quit aggravated over it. It's bad enough not being able to always send or receive any kind of multimedia message. It's bad when I have to get on Facebook messenger to send pics and it work like a charm. Shame our $1000+ phones aren't as good. But this dissapearing text thing is a whole nother never of aggravation that would make me want to switch to Apple. 
And it's sad thst I have defended this brand and the "S" series line of phone. This has gotta be fixed or this brand just isn't as high end as u think. Plz I'm begging we need an update to fix. I'm counting on u to not let us all down. 
Thank u in Advance I hope
4 Replies
Solution
floydvoid
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
turning off grammarly fixed the issue for me.

go to settings> general management> samsung keyboard> third party apps> turn off grammarly if it's on. after that hit the back arrow and scroll up> suggest text corrections> turn off writing assistant if it's on.

hope this helps.Screenshot_20211230-035320_Samsung Keyboard_1909_1640854400.jpgScreenshot_20211230-034747_Settings_1907_1640854067.jpgScreenshot_20211230-034640_Samsung Keyboard_1903_1640854000.jpgScreenshot_20211230-034725_Samsung Keyboard_1905_1640854045.jpg
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Reset your keyboard settings and turn off all the auto prediction stuff. Select what 3rd party stuff you want and off to the rest
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

what do you mean by the text disappears? Does it disappear while typing? 

submit an error report after replicating the issue

Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
dkbell
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem and I've got a Note 8 Phone.
Just now I was typing a response to someone, and all of a sudden, the page changed, and I'd lost everything I'd typed. I went back to the page I was on, but what I'd typed was wiped away since it wasn't a draft, nor had I saved it since I wasn't finished. And doing what you all are saying about the Auto things isnt the problem. You're missing what he was trying to ask. That's why I had to jump in here. It is aggravating SAMSUNG, and it's time you did fix this problem!
0 Likes