- Mark as New
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Report Inappropriate Content
After my S21 was updated to Android 13 I noticed a drastic loss of audio quality in Bluetooth playback. Both in my earbuds (Anker Soundcore Life A2 NC) and in my headphones (Bose NC700) you notice a high distortion of the sound as if it plays at 96kbps. This problem happens regardless of the app used (Spotify, Deezer, Samsung Music). This problem did not occur on Android 12. My mother's Samsung M52 suffers from exactly the same problem after the update to Android 13.
Hi there! I can see how inconvenient it is to have distorted audio when listening to music. Here's what I would try to help correct this behavior:
This link provides troubleshooting steps that may help: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-fix-audio-and-microphone-issues-on-your-gal...
The surrounding environment may affect Bluetooth connection. Abrupt movement or distance between the devices may interfere with the connection as well. Connection might also be interrupted if you’re in a crowded area, or if you’re using metallic stickers or a protective cover near the antenna of your device.
- Keep both your Galaxy device and Bluetooth headset close to you, and make sure there’s nothing in between them.
- The connection may be unstable if the device is in your pocket or your bag, so keep the device close to your headset.
- Move away from crowded areas or a spot with frequent Wi-Fi usage.
- Keep away from bare cables, microwave ovens, and wireless speakers, or turn off such gadgets if you must be near them.
- When streaming music online, the connection status may affect the sound quality. In this case, try downloading music to play.
If you continue to experience audio concerns with your Bluetooth connections, we recommend having the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.
For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html