Original topic:

Do I have a Faulty Camera?

(Topic created: 08-20-2021 10:13 PM)
userQVtPwOCphd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I've had the S215G for about two weeks.  I chose it because of the camera specs, and I really loved the quality of the pictures the S7 took. I was so excited to swap my cheap phone that took blurry pictures to this, but I'm having a hard time with the camera. I take a lot of close-ups, and no matter what setting I try I can't get the camera to focus. There are random blurry sections in even the most clear photos I can get it to take. It does not focus when I tap the screen (not sure if it's supposed to or not). It seems like only the very center is ever able to focus completely. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a lemon? I'm pretty disappointed considering the price of this phone. Any insight appreciated. 

5 Replies
userRKWTCMpA5z
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem too. It is a known problem with a couple of software updates that were to help the problem. I haven't noticed much change. I have to take several pictures to get one to use on my Instagram account. My prior phone was a Samsung Galaxy s10e and the camera was excellent.
0 Likes
JoeBlackFox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I recommend trying to clearing the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
JoeBlackFox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

It didn't help.

0 Likes
luvpics
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having trouble with close up on the S20 FE. I've tried many combinations. The depth of field is shallow which isn't always desirable. I've tried taking the shot from a greater distance and in focus and I use edit to get the area close up. This results in poor quality shot as well because the detail is lost like there aren't enough pixels to blow it up. My S9 was WAY better at close up pictures. So far I'm not impressed the zoom either. It also looses detail and sharpness. I took thousands of pictures with my S9. So far I'm not impressed with the camera the S20 fe 5g.
0 Likes