Original topic:

Do not Disturb Schedule disappearing

(Topic created: 06-29-2021 01:35 AM)
userKcnxghPFPB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Am i the only one experiencing my Do not Disturb Schedule disappearing?

I'd like to avoid a factory reset being the only solution to all software problems whenever there's a problem and getting to the root cause of this.

Some of the things i did prior to noticing it happen
Previous device S10 (SM-G973F) current device S21 (SM-G9910)

Did a backup on my S10 and smart switched over to S21 everything copied over fine.
I started noticing my Do Not Disturb schedule being deleted without notice. I would set it and after it passes the duration the next day, the schedule gets deleted.

I would re-configure it for the week/day, according to schedule and by the next morning, it would disappear.

I did a factory reset of my S21 and it seemed to have fix the issue, but upon restoring my data (using smart switch) it immediately copies the problem over again.

DnD schedule is working fine on my S10.

8 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

seems either something in the transferred file is causing the issue or you just have terrible luck in smart switch... data transfers can have bugs or glitches but back to back twice in a row, wow.

Maybe do one category at a time and see where the fail (schedule disappearing issue) occurs.

One other, a little bit simpler(?), way is to just refresh and restore.. then when you notice the issue again submit an error report right away to Samsung Members app. Doing so will let the techs see what was happening in the phone at the time that caused the issue.

Edit: I just tried it on my device... I'm able to reproduce the same issue... dang.

I think it's some sort of glitch/bug in the smart switch. So, although it's bothersome... please reproduce and submit error report to Samsung Members so the techs can start looking into the issue. More data they have results better assistance 

0 Likes
userKcnxghPFPB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi Guys,

So i managed to reproduce this 100% every time with the following steps.

1. Set up a DND schedule.
2. Launch a game.
3. Make sure that the game uses priority mode in the game launcher menu.
4. Exit the game.
5. DND schedule is now deleted.

MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

wow, thanks for the update.
I was able to reproduce it as well using my older device to transfer stuff to my new device, but I didn't have to do anything special like you did (launching games, etc.) I simply had to wait a bit or go to home screen and come back to the settings.

I suspected that finishing steps of the Smart Switch may have caused this so I waited for the loading icon in the quick panel to disappear and indicate the switch had actually completed... still saw the deletion of new schedules.

although... I did see that the old schedules transfer over as it should.

I have my issue uploaded to SamsungMembers app, you should upload yours as well.

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

@userKcnxghPFPB 

I tried to let the Switch finish all the way to installing the transferred apps, and I am no longer seeing the issue. Are you still experiencing deletion of created schedules?

I've tried following your steps provided above but didn't reproduce 😕

0 Likes
userKcnxghPFPB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Currently i'm able to reproduce this 100% whenever launching a game in priority mode, it will always delete the dnd schedule.

This happens  whether or not dnd schedule was ported over using smart switch

0 Likes
userJ4FzqguFCz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same issue.

Create a DND schedule -> open one of a few apps (Kids Doodle for example) -> DND schedule is deleted.

Anyone solve this yet?

0 Likes
userJlFOG3joAw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have faced the same problem. When i launched any game, DND schedule was deleted. version G998BXXU3AUG4

0 Likes
useryCcYnpbpEL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
My issue is I have do not disturb set for 11 pm and it keeps turning on at 10 pm. I have deleted schedule and then re-added it but still turns on hour early.
0 Likes