JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does Galaxy S21 ultra 5G (USA version) support dual sim functionality?

(Topic created: 01-14-2021 04:27 PM)
rsvatsavai
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I see that S21 ultra supports esim (mentioned in the FAQs). Does that mean I can use esim and physical SIM simultaneosuly and have two numbers for my device? I do not want to manually switch between esim and physical sim. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

The Samsung Galaxy S21 series eSIM functionality is currently not supported in the US. 

View solution in context

51 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
It's the same bait and switch tactic Samsung did with S20 and Note20 series. Fraudulent advertising, which they will change after a short time. Just checked on store display and it doesn't support. Shame on them.
userFT43z9oUSQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I am not upgrading to any Samsung devices in USA, unless they start supporting Esim.

userSfTH7OoJUj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
same as fold 2 lol
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
there's not much information on it yet but I'll read up on it in a bit however, I wouldn't get your hopes up for esim. I'm pretty sure it does support it but won't be enabled in the United States for a while

Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for your research. In fact supporting means to be available for use. If capability is there but not enabled, it makes it useless if activated after end of product lifecycle. It's been an year now since they released S20 with same issue.
Zombie673
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm literally shopping for an iphone after 10 years with Samsung because I can't use both my lines on one samsung device. I HATE iPhone. HATE. But it's the only device supported by both my carriers because Samsung won't activate the esim capability.
userukW9VRAQAa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

All the pixels over the last couple of years support esims.

Zombie673
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
yeah, but one of my providers doesn't support the pixel, unfortunately.
0 Likes
userlzeDCCSqmS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

@Zombie673 wrote:
I'm literally shopping for an iphone after 10 years with Samsung because I can't use both my lines on one samsung device. I HATE iPhone. HATE. But it's the only device supported by both my carriers because Samsung won't activate the esim capability.

I'm having to do the same! I despise Apple, but having two lines on a single phone is non-negotiable for me. The fact that Samsung has chosen to launch its flagship phone without a dual sim option really boggles the mind.