JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does Galaxy S21 ultra 5G (USA version) support dual sim functionality?

(Topic created: 01-16-2021 06:12 PM)
rsvatsavai
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I see that S21 ultra supports esim (mentioned in the FAQs). Does that mean I can use esim and physical SIM simultaneosuly and have two numbers for my device? I do not want to manually switch between esim and physical sim. 

51 Replies
kev508
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

FYI, iPhone will  work in dual sim mode with only 4G. Apple says you need to turn off one sim in order to have 5G function. If you are running dual SIM mode, it will only function with 4G capability on both lines. 

0 Likes
Zombie673
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, I know, but at least it can do two lines. Can't do 2 5g lines but at least the esim works.
kev508
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am looking at OnePlus 8 series probaby 8 pro, you get 5G + 4G and still with Android experience. Even OnePlus Nord has that option if you do not need top of the line specs and just need to have dual sim function. Plus, it‘s much cheaper.....
Options
Galaxy S21

Time to grab the popcorn and watch more Samsung fans fall for the same bait and switch on dual sim functionality again right after witnessing the S20, Note 20, and Z Fold 2 buyers get messed over! 

userSfTH7OoJUj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
they said they gonna update soon, but never do that. don't believe what they said. they might update in 100 years
mytix
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Here is what I was told on Samsung technical chat initially, tehn when "elevated" to pro support.  Looks like esim firmware support is not available (see below):esim chat 7.PNGesim chat 3.PNG

Options
Galaxy S21
That's it. And for more than a year now, for 3 premium devices launch s20, note 20, s21. And will not be a big issue if their website will be a trustworthy source of information so people know what they pay for. see the topic and question on the thread.
rsvatsavai
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I am jsut goign to order it and return if there is no esim or the dual standby fucntion.

Options
Galaxy S21

@rsvatsavai, why go through all the trouble? Wait until the masses run out and buy it and then ask them if the dual standby functionality is available. It's much better than having $1000+ dollars tied up in a company that refuses to put the actual specs of the US version on the US website. Mark my words when I say the bait and switch is coming.

rsvatsavai
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

You are right. I will wait.