JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does Galaxy S21 ultra 5G (USA version) support dual sim functionality?

(Topic created: 01-29-2021 05:27 PM)
rsvatsavai
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I see that S21 ultra supports esim (mentioned in the FAQs). Does that mean I can use esim and physical SIM simultaneosuly and have two numbers for my device? I do not want to manually switch between esim and physical sim. 

userSfTH7OoJUj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
just buy Europe version though amazon. it smhas e sim
0 Likes
userRdYLPgtDJY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Because, if the S21 is like the S20, it does't support all U.S. radio bands, has a different processor, and does't have a US warranty.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

@rsvatsavaiyou are now justified in waiting to make your purchase because the forums are starting to come alive with people complaining about the Samsung bait and switch I talked about before. Samsung has officially lied again and there is no dual sim functionality with the US variant of the Galaxy S21s. So that makes every phone that came out since the Galaxy S20 that they promised dual sim functionality and they have not delivered.

0 Likes
Tenydom
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I asked Samsung Care Pro - tech support - and they said it does have eSIM at launch

https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g/

Does Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G support eSIM? Yes, you can use an electronic SIM, known as eSIM, with Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. The eSIM allows you to activate a mobile network plan right on your phone, so you can switch data plans or add an overseas phone number without the physical Nano SIM.
0 Likes
Fatmonk8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
doubt it, I was told the same thing when buying the Note 20 ultra, and now I'm stuck with a phone that will never have esim. don't trust what they tell you.
mytix
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
the phone does have the hardware capability BUT the firmware needs to allow its use. the phone does have the hardware capability - like the S20 - but the firmware upgrade to enable esim use is not guaranteed.
userSfTH7OoJUj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
they said same thing when I bought fold 2 lol
0 Likes
userzK0JLSu1x1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Just received the s21 ultra unlocked version today, and Samsung lies again. It doesn't support esim, I only see one imei. 

userjGKRpYBGz4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I just got the S21 ultra. I'm returning it for the same reason I returned the S20 note ultra before. It's not just a lie about esim, they waste our time. I also became an expert in packging and returning processes. Be honest Samsung.

rsvatsavai
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Very disappointed to know that samsung has LIED ..yet again!! Moving to Apple after being with Samsugn for 5 years.