JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does the S21 Ultra support SD Card

(Topic created: 02-07-2021 03:26 PM)
Shenon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Wondering if the the S21 Ultra will support sd cards?

I have heard the the s21 series doesn't support SD Cards 
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Phone memory has always been faster than SD card access so that is not a valid response. I always have access to my files on my SD card even in places that do not have network access which is common in rural areas of the US. I currently have around 750 GB on my card storage which is FAR more economical than purchasing the largest internal memory on the phone. Access speed is not important for music streaming or watching a movie, or making a business presentation. The important thing is to be able to have the data when you need it. Cloud storage is neither safe, nor secure, and is definitely not 100% available.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userRondQU1tdu I suggest you invest in some USB-C drives. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
This is a solution how. We now must carry an external adapter for storage, an external adapter for headphones, and maybe an external adapter so we can use both of these while charging the phone. How does this make sense for a device that is supposed to be portable?
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userRondQU1tdu 

Everyone uses their phone differently.  I would assume that Samsung did the market research which allowed them to come to this decision.

I myself have always had an sdcard in all my devices but between internal and sdcard memory I never has more than about 120k and half of that was archival stuff that I never accessed so this change has not affected me.  Would I still like to have the ability for removable storage, sure, but it did not affect my purchase decision as I always buy devices with maximum internal memory.

There are scores of different phones on the market, buy one that fits your needs and desires.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
What's wrong with leaving this feature alone and letting users decide if and how to use it? With the number of people asking for expandable storage, Samsung did a poor job at the survey. I forgot, follow Apple, right?
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@userRondQU1tdu it's a solution because USB-C is the new universal standard. No adapters are required, just buy USB headphones as well. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
NO I AM NOT!!! You can still ONLY have ONE at a time connected to the port. How is Samsung proposing we connect 3 different devices to their one port? This is not a problem until they gave us a new improved device that lacks a lot of features. Samsung has responded to every criticism with just buy this or pay extra for that. And that is their response to their PREMIUM product.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@userRondQU1tdu I understand that you're frustrated with the removal of the microSD port on the new S line phones, however the Community isn't a personal blog. All 39 of the comments on your account are you reiterating the same opinion on several different posts. No one is forcing you to purchase the device. If it's not for you, so be it. 

Make sure to have a look over the Community Rules, so that the Community can be a place individuals can come to constructively seek info and help for their devices. Help make the Community a positive experience. 

Samsung Community Guidelines

userH2gNGa5sX0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung has really changed. We have had them for years and years. With their service on this phone the S21 I have bought my last one. No charger, no Health reader, no SD card. Top all that off with you telling everyone who is upset to just go out and buy more stuff. I don't want to buy a charger separately. I don't wear watches (will not be starting now). I don't want to carry around an oxygen sensor when my phone should have it. I can no longer give anyone a card with their pictures for that day on it, they have to wait and go to a sight, then download them to their own SD card. Lots of trouble for everyone. <edit>

Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
second this motion!