JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does wiping the cache partition delete your saved passwords?

(Topic created: 01-13-2022 02:19 PM)
usert5yAbenrlN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Dear Samsung Community,

Does wipe cache partition in the recovery mode deletes the saved passwords in the websites and apps?

I mean do I need to log in again in to all apps after deleting the temporary files?

0 Likes
3 Replies
smbj_1005
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
No. It won't delete any password
0 Likes
CircleTheFlame
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It doesn't delete anything saved on your phone. To my understanding it deletes temporary files. I wipe my cache if my phone ever slows down or does weird things. It can help with updates sometimes because the old files sometimes cause problems with a new OS
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can absolutely understand the importance of your data and would be happy to explain it further for you. Here is how wiping the cache partition works: The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes