Original topic:

Dual SIM now gone

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 02:11 AM)
nadelvc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

When i 1st got the phone it was unlocked and 2 IMEIs... well Sprint/T-mobile had some kind of update that locked it and removed access to manage SIM(s)  

I did request a permanent unlock which was granted but still  cannot find any settings to manage the physical SIM and there is no way to download an eSIM to use a virtual number or other line

What to do? 

Sm-g991u

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bs2209
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
You may have to contact Samsung support directly but I'm pretty sure only the international version came with an esim if at all not many carriers are using esims here in the US yet same with the dual-sim if there's a physical dual-sim it's probably an international version
0 Likes
jeromebt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The US model of S21 doesn't support esim yet, I keep email t-mobile and samsung to enable it with no success, wonder if they are going to add with oneui 4/android 12. However I think I am going. To ditch samsung for pixel, as they lied on the description of their phone.
nadelvc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I had pixel 4xl before with Sprint .. . Loved that phone
Used only the eSIM for about months after previous one was lost.
0 Likes
Bs2209
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I actually found out today it does have Esim unfortunately it's the carriers that don't support it accept on iPhone in the US
0 Likes