Original topic:

Experiencing glitching issues with my Galaxy S21 Ultra since the last update

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 04:59 PM)
madp1982leo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Has anyone else been having glitch issues With their Galaxy S21 Ultra since the last update? Every 6-8 minutes, my phone flashes/glitches. If im streaming or gaming, when the flash happens, it will either boot me to the home screen or with other apps, it will boot me off completely 

8 Replies
Pd66
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have an S20 FE 5G, and I've had internet connectivity issues since the update Tuesday September 28
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

this is a separate issue that needs to be posted on its own, not as a comment. Or simply report issue to Samsung Members after reproducing the issue.

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

As for the glitch issue, check that a 3rd party app is not causing this. You can do this by using either Nice Catch or booting in Safe Mode.

If it's still happening in Safe Mode or Nice Catch doesn't detect anything, then submit error report to Samsung Members after the issue occurs again.

Lastly, share the device's model number and the software version please, thanks.

0 Likes
boonhowe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes!!!  I'm getting the same glitch, every 6minutes (i used a stop watch).

I just got my S21 Ultra last week, so I'm wasn't sure if it was a defect or what.

When ingame landscape mode, it will glitch and rotate back to landscape.  I'll also lose whatever i'm typing ingame chat.  If game is in portrait, then it will just flash (glitch) and resume.

When on video call, or watching video, it will glitch and go to home screen, with the video in a small pop-up.

This is very very irritating for a brand new A$1700 phone (and there's that Android Auto issue I'm trying to resolve too)

0 Likes
madp1982leo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So far from what Ive looked up, I have to back track what app I have on my phone that may have had an issue after the update. I've slowly tried uninstalling each app and re-installing them byt so far no luck. I still have several to go through but from what Ive read, its usually third party apps
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi there, if you are able to disable your apps through the settings menu that may save you some time instead of having to delete and reinstall each one. I've also heard good things about the Nice Catch app that @MrJell_Lee mentioned as it can also help pinpoint the exact application that caused the glitch.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

boonhowe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Nothing on "Nice Catch".
Note that mine is a brand new phone with apps I've been using for the longest time migrated over (most haven't even been run the first time since migration).  And the glitch is happening regardless of what i'm doing on the phone (as described above)

0 Likes
boonhowe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

ok... on a hunch I uninstalled Norton 360 and Norton Family (what other apps would runs every few minutes right? 😉 
And interestingly the glitch seems to have gone away... Yeah!!!

I did clear some apps from memory, but I doubt those had any impact (I ran the apps again just to be sure)