Original topic:

False Advertising re carrier activation charges

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 01:09 PM)
userCam4wdVpVo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

So, does anyone else think that they would be charged for carrier activation when the Samsung order says Verizon Online Carrier Activation : Included.         ??? 

Or is it just Samsung support that pretends to be as stupid as their response which was that it would have said "free."

I just purchased two S21+ phones with what I thought was an incentive for the $35 carrier activation being included but no, Verizon charged me $70.  When i contacted Verizon they were unaware of what Samsung billed as a joint promotion and told me to go back to Samsung. Samsung customer support (oxymoron) tells me that "Included"  doesn't mean free. Included is not free? Then what is it?  So now I'm in the process of deciding to return these phones but I'll probably not get my "Included" charges refunded either. This **bleep** and Samsung takes no responsibility. I have and have supplied screenshots of the entire transaction to bo avail. Anyone know how I could submit a formal complaint?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I got an app on my phone call gethuman and this way I skip all the electronics trying to reach someone, but I am a Verizon client and my activation was free, when I switched to AT&T or T-mobile I wasn't charge no activation fees, they wanted me as a customer (when someone offers a better rates plan then what I currently paying I switch if my carrier can't match the better plan) being my ages on a fix income I gotta go where the savings are, one of the reasons I only purchase an unlock device
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I would suggest going to a brick and mortar Verizon store and have the manager assist you with making contact with Samsung's provider team.
0 Likes