Original topic:

False advertising!

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 10:49 AM)
userFl65jw2FWX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

BEWARE!!

At the top of many pages is a banner That says: "For a limited time, pre-order the new Galaxy S21 5G to get up to $700 trade-in creditᶿ, $200 instant credit toward accessories, and a free Galaxy SmartTag.PRE-ORDER NOW"

If you cliick on that you will find that instead of getting the stated $200 instant credit you will only get $100.  I tried to get  the @$200 credit and was told that only applied to the Ultra version.  Nowhere did it say that in the order information.  This is cllearly a classic example of "BAIT AND SWITCH!"  

6 Replies
fiveighthree
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
You should always read fine print on any offer by any company. it's right there. $100 towards s21, 150 towards s21+ and 200 towards ultra. While I agree it should state it above in the ad, they do not have to legally.
userFl65jw2FWX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't believe that I said it was illegal.  At best it is misleading and and somewhat unethical.  Samsung is better than this!

0 Likes
Eyayo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Just read.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Here is a link to the full Terms and Conditions for Trade-ins: https://www.samsung.com/us/trade-in/terms-and-conditions/  For more information, you are welcome to call our eCommerce team at 855-726-8721 directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userFl65jw2FWX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This has nothing to do with trade-ins.

Simply replacing "$200 instant credit toward accessories" with "up to $200 instant credit toward accessories" would be clearer and more truthful.

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userFl65jw2FWX 

I think the "up to" in front of "$700 for trade in" also covers the accessory credit part. In their mind anyway. 

Also, maybe they just updated it, but at the top of Sasmung.com I see this:

"Pre-order the new Galaxy S21 5G and get up to $200 instant credit toward accessories."

But to be fair, if I go to S21 product page, there is another line at the top:

"Pre-order Galaxy S21 5G to get up to $700 enhanced trade-in credit. Plus, get $200 instant credit towards accessories and a free Galaxy SmartTag."

And then below it it says:

"From $99.99 with eligible trade-inᶿ or $2.78/mo for 36 months Pre-order today and get up to $150 Samsung credit and a free Galaxy SmartTag."

I can definitely see how this can be misleading:(

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
0 Likes