Original topic:

Fast Wireless Charging Stops Working After Update

(Topic created on: 6/1/21 6:13 AM)
userfagCpUMdYe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Why Samsung?  I've been using these chargers throughout my home and office for years with no issues, then one software update and I can't charge wirelessly without an official Samsung charger?  Is it time to stop buying Samsung phones?

0 Likes
4 Replies
RCTarzan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I haven't hit that myself- are you sure there's not just something wrong with the chargers you're trying to use?
0 Likes
userfagCpUMdYe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My girlfriend and I both have S21s.  She has the vanilla and I have the ultra.  We have 6 wireless chargers of varying brands.  ALL of them worked prior to the updates and NONE of them work after.  Our updates were done weeks apart, and the fast charging stopped worked immediately after on the respective devices.  This is 100% a result of the Samsung "security update" software.   

0 Likes
Smew
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

with the new update, non-compatible fast charging devices won't work but regular charging will. It's to preserve the phone battery so the phones stay quality in the long term

0 Likes
Pierogi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same happened to us. I can't even slow charge on them. Endless cycle of incompatibility message, slow charging, pausing, disconnecting, reconnecting, incompatibility message, and so on.
0 Likes