Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Led indicator :police_car_light:

Iris scanner 👀

Volume buttons on left side :mobile_phone_with_arrow:

Proximity sensor :outbox_tray:👋

Headphone jack :headphone: 

(I Iove the S21 Ultra. The battery is incredible and the cameras are fantastic. The screen resolution and refresh rate is unprecedented. The phone itself is pretty thick and can certainly include a headphone jack. Overall it's wonderful. But the price is simply unjustifiable.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Weezie69 @Weezie69  hey there! In regards to notifications, go into your Settings and select Notifications. Make sure every app (and corresponding notification is set to "Show as pop-up" and on "Alert". Secondly, make sure the notifications are also enabled for your Galaxy Watch settings.

The LED indicator was done away with years ago for Samsung flagships. There are apps available which mimick this feature via the camera cutout ring. 

The phone still has a proximity sensor. Have you been having problems with yours working?

The buttons were changed with the S20 line to be on the right side for convenience. The power button was also moved down for easier access.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Weezie69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am not getting any notification sounds when text messages come in. Everything is on and loud, but I don't get notification 😒 I have the s21 ultra
Tony95868
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same, & I have a Galaxy Watch and I'm still missing messages and notifications
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Weezie69 @Weezie69  hey there! In regards to notifications, go into your Settings and select Notifications. Make sure every app (and corresponding notification is set to "Show as pop-up" and on "Alert". Secondly, make sure the notifications are also enabled for your Galaxy Watch settings.

The LED indicator was done away with years ago for Samsung flagships. There are apps available which mimick this feature via the camera cutout ring. 

The phone still has a proximity sensor. Have you been having problems with yours working?

The buttons were changed with the S20 line to be on the right side for convenience. The power button was also moved down for easier access.

Tony95868
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I really miss these functions and features. My proximity sensor works fine, it detects my head during phone calls. I was referring to the wave wake up feature using the proximity sensor.
user5H4mYEmbv4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm coming from an S9+ and trying to figure out what to upgrade to... things aren't looking good.

Tony95868
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah it's rough, I have to use two phones now.
0 Likes
Hercules123
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

About the LED.... Stupid choice by Samsung. Just bought a new S21, after having all Galaxy phones since S5. So frustrated about no constant light notification. I leave the phone alone often and just glance to see if there are notifications. If you did away with the LED, why not use the edge or sth. else that does not just flash once, but keeps glowing until you read/clear notifications? And I loved the charging/charged indicator (red to green), which you can't tell now, if the charging is working... Ok, you can even turn that stupid camera "hole" into a notification that keeps blinking until you read/clear. Seriously, Samsung? Google the issue - thousands of people are frustrated. I really, really hope they come up with something in the following update...