JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fingerprint Scanner Not Responding

(Topic created: 11-12-2022 08:59 AM)
Deks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I've been having issues with my fingerprint scanner for a whole day now. Yesterday, it started saying the fingerprint scanner is not responding and advised a restart to fix the issue. When the problem occurred I hadn't updated my phone or even shut off/restart, so it kinda popped out of nowhere. After multiple restarts today and yesterday it still has not began working at all. If I try to access the fingerprint settings it says the fingerprint is not responding, try restarting.

I see a lot of people on here mention stuff about the screen protector. I haven't scratched my screen or messed with the screen protector at all. It's the factory screen protector, and it's not an issue with it not reading. Rather, it doesn't seem to activate the fingerprint sensor at all. 

Edit: Put my phone in safe mode and then back and it removed the problem. Thanks everyone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Also boot to Safe Mode and check it out. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

14 Replies
MojoRisin179
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried deleting the current biometric data and rescanning or is that not an option? For some reason mine won't work from the lock screen. I have to swipe then it takes my print on the first try. I'm just rolling with it.
Deks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
That's not an option. I can't access fingerprint settings at all because it says it isn't responding.
0 Likes
MojoRisin179
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried a hard reboot?? Vol up + vol down + side key till screen goes black.
Deks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It does the same thing. Screenshot_20221112-125430_Settings_1000000432_1668275670.jpg
0 Likes
MojoRisin179
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you run a diagnostic on your phone?? Just to make sure it's definitely the phone. If it is customer support tech may have some answers.
Deks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah I tried diagnostic.Screenshot_20221112-141450_Samsung Members_1000000433_1668280490.jpg
0 Likes
GlockDr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey Deks! The problem you are having would drive me crazy as I use fingerprint for everything.

You may need to clear the cache partition from Andriods recovery mode. Rest assured this only deletes temporary files. To do so on the Galaxy S21(the phone I am currently using as well)

1.Turn the phone off and wait until it is completely off.

2. Press and hold the Volume Up and Power button. Continue holding until the blue recovery screen appears. Then let go

3. Using the Volume+/- buttons scroll list until "Wipe Cache Partition" is highlighted. Do be careful! Factory Reset is directly next to the option you want and that option is irreversible.

4. Once the Wipe Cache Partition is highlighted use the Power button to make the selection.

When finished reboot using the volume keys to highlight the "Reboot System" option and select with Power button.

Thats what i would try. Let me know if that solves it for you.
Deks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Okay I tried this but it didn't work. Thank you for such detailed instructions.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Also boot to Safe Mode and check it out. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor