JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fingerprint Scanner Not Responding

(Topic created: 11-12-2022 08:59 AM)
Deks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I've been having issues with my fingerprint scanner for a whole day now. Yesterday, it started saying the fingerprint scanner is not responding and advised a restart to fix the issue. When the problem occurred I hadn't updated my phone or even shut off/restart, so it kinda popped out of nowhere. After multiple restarts today and yesterday it still has not began working at all. If I try to access the fingerprint settings it says the fingerprint is not responding, try restarting.

I see a lot of people on here mention stuff about the screen protector. I haven't scratched my screen or messed with the screen protector at all. It's the factory screen protector, and it's not an issue with it not reading. Rather, it doesn't seem to activate the fingerprint sensor at all. 

Edit: Put my phone in safe mode and then back and it removed the problem. Thanks everyone.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
Deks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I totally forgot safe mode was a thing lol. Safe mode worked so I guess it's a software issue or something. Does this mean I have to reset my phone now 😭
0 Likes
Deks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Wait it actually still works after turning safe mode off. How does that work???
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

EDIT: I didn't see you mention that it fixed itself.  Great.  I'll leave the below incase someone else needs the info. 

-----------------

It's likely a new app that is interfering.  Try to figure out if you installed anything new around the time that the sensor stopped working.  If you can't find the offending app then a Factory Reset and do not reinstall your app backup but instead manually install teh apps that you are currently using and hopefully those apps don't affect the sensor. 

If you want, you can even first try a Factory reset and restore your apps backup because sometimes just doing that fixes the issue.  If the sensor stops working again, then reset it again and do what I said above. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
A better option than factory reset would be to fix your apps
0 Likes
GlockDr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Heck yeah! What an annoying bug. Bill-e is the man