Original topic:

Flickering Pixel on Screen

(Topic created on: 4/30/21 5:36 AM)
OriginalMrPibb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello, 

New owner of a Galaxy S21 Ultra. Loving it, but in the last two days, a green flickering pixel has popped up on the lower half of my screen. The flickering is very rapid. I haven't been able to find anything about this on other forums, so hoping I can get some help before I take it in for repair. Have tried a hard reset and safe mode, but the issue persists. Anybody have any clues? Don't have the May update yet. 
0 Likes
6 Replies
OriginalMrPibb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Update: I turned off the adaptive refresh rate, and the flickering pixel is gone. Seems like it's a software thing, then. Not sure if that's better or worse.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

turn on the adaptive refresh rate again and submit an error report via samsung members app once it flickers. it will send error reports directly to samsung. 

0 Likes
userdcChEMJQsN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

is the pixel flicker present no matter the app/page opened?

what software were you (or are you) in during the issue arising?

the most effortless fix would be to ask for a replacement, otherwise you can reach out to Samsung Members with screen recordings and log

(if you don't know how to collect log I can give you an instruction, it's fairly simple)

0 Likes
OriginalMrPibb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes. Visible on the home screen, browsing (Chrome). Phone was purchased directly from Samsung, and I have the April update.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried it in the safe mode? 

0 Likes
OriginalMrPibb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, tried it in safe mode as well. Blinking pixel is still present. I've uploaded a photo, but it's not great. If you zoom in, you can see a speck above the Maps app and too the left a bit. It almost looks like a speck of dust, but there's a noticeable green tinge. Much more apparent in person.

16196421072113142905306782268079_28.jpg

0 Likes