Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Plus Stops Receiving Messages

(Topic created: 08-15-2021 05:35 PM)
BobTech
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a S21 Plus, about 3 months old. Whether I use the default messaging app or Textra, every few days it will stop receiving text messages. They show as not downloaded. Tapping on them will not download them. I have to reboot my phone for them to come through. Everything else will be working and I can access  calls and the Internet. But I have to get this solved as at times there will be several messages not received. Thoughts?

4 Replies
Matt45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My photos are getting declined too
0 Likes
Cafe_n_Creme2021
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Slide the Quick Panel down from the top of your screen. Click the gear icon (Options) in the upper right corner. Then click Connections --> Data usage and make sure the "Mobile Data" and "Mobile Data Usage" switches are on. Under MDU, make sure any messaging apps you use are also switched on. If that does not help, continue to inquire in this thread...
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

your device may be experiencing difficulty connecting and staying connected to the network. I would check with the carrier first to see if they can help.

Additionally try Network Reset on your device. If the issue persist then submit error report to Samsung Members after you notice the issue again. Doing so will allow logs to be collected and analyzed by the techs to help identify the cause.

If you don't mind, could you share your device's model number, software version and the carrier you are with?

0 Likes
Ellin
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I never had a problem till recently, I use Google messages and I've tried literally everything that's been suggested here and on the internet, but I'm getting many messages late. And MMS I'm getting as downloads that won't download. Most people I text with are I phone users, it's getting really frustrating.
0 Likes