JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Preorder Purchase return

(Topic created on: 3/7/21 2:02 PM)
userJhxbMT0020
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Got a question as I purchased an Active 2 smartwatch (and free SmartTag) with the S21 Galaxy $100 preorder credit promo and an additional $67 charged to my credit card.

I was considering returning the smart watch (including free SmartTag as likely any refund would be reduced if kept that even though was free) but there is nothing on the return info Samsung provided indicating I would be getting the $100 preorder promo back/reactivated.   So if I proceed with the Active 2 and free SmartTag return from that preorder promotion will I likely lose the $100 promo credit and free SmartTag and only get back what was charged on my credit card?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I completely understand how much this experience has affected you. I wish I was equipped to handle your order information, but instead, I suggest you reach out to our E-Commerce department at, 1-855-726-8721. You'll be in good hands there. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
betancd
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Can't speak to your exact order but I had a similar situation with the Note 20 last year. I got the $200 (I believe) promo that came with pre-order. I got buds live with them and other small accessories. I returned it since it was overheating. i had to return all items or I would be charged for the promo credit items. I ended up keeping and paying for the Buds Live since I loved them but lost any credit
0 Likes
userJhxbMT0020
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

So you just kept the preorder credit order you made or made the return?  

0 Likes
betancd
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I returned the Note 20 and kept the Buds Love. As a result I had to pay for the Buds live (the price was deducted from the return value)
0 Likes
userJhxbMT0020
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks but curious if anyone knows if I return the entire order whether the Galaxy S21 preorder code that gave in the promotion that was used as partial payment for the Active 2 watch and free SmartTag will be reset to be used again on a subsequent order?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I completely understand how much this experience has affected you. I wish I was equipped to handle your order information, but instead, I suggest you reach out to our E-Commerce department at, 1-855-726-8721. You'll be in good hands there. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
LRenae
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
did you trade in a device for your new device and accessories or just bought it? just curious. as per your question I don't know why you'd return the smart tag as it was a free "gift" for your purchase but I believe you can return all items within the 15 day period and received your refund. the credit would not be given to you as it was also a "gift" from samsung for pre-ordering the device and if that particular "gift" is no longer available than it would be a different credit or not credit. of course you could always talk to samsung directly and ask them.
0 Likes
usery60Iye3XX9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for response.  Yes got $550 for a 20 FE.  Actually I'm most concerned with the $100 preorder promo code getting reactivated or not.  I think I can get Samsung to reimburse for the free SmartTag if I reorder but don't want to lose that $100 credit. 

In speaking to Samsung reps they say the promo code will need to be reset (some say will automatically others say they will need to reset it upon another chat) but I'm still not highly confident. 

I will definitely get refunded for the credit card charge and the reward points that were included as part of the transaction so need to ask myself if I feel lucky on the promo lol.  So was wondering if anyone has done a return with a Samsun preorder promo in the past and what occurred after the fact.  Thanks again.

LRenae
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
oh OK! I do not know then because I do no plan to return my device. lucky that you got your reward points though mine still haven't shown up
0 Likes