Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Ultra Screensaver reverting to colors

(Topic created: 04-27-2022 02:44 AM)
Dewsung
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have had the S21 Ultra, and I have the screensaver feature while charging. Recently it is reverting to the colors one on its own. I use the photo tables and have set the photos library I want and it works.

The phone however is changing this back to the colors screensaver, sometimes multiple times a day. Other times it only does this at night.

There is not a "save" button for the selection as it just does this by selecting. 

Does anyone know how to get it to stop reverting on its own?

8 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

you can reproduce and report it to samsung using samsung members app > get help > error report.

Try using Nice Catch to see what is changing the settings 

Dewsung
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks, I'll give it a go and see if there is something doing it
Silver83
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
@Dewsung...I had the same issue. I performed my own troubleshooting...for the last week. It appears no one was able to help from Samsung. I discovered so far that my screen saver was changing after my clock alarm. The last Samsung "Clock" update apparently was causing my screensaver to change. This morning, it changed to 'Colors' from 'Photo Table' after my 1st clock alarm. I performed the following:

1. Uninstalled the last Clock update and set the screen saver back to 'Photo Table'.
2. Set a new alarm WITHOUT the Clock updates and the screen saver did not change, i.e., screen saver setting = Photo Table.
3. Performed a Clock update and set another alarm. The alarm rung at set time and the screen saver setting = Photo Table (it did not change to Colors as it has been doing over the last few weeks).

Not certain if this will help your situation, but I thought it was worth sharing. So, I will continue to monitor this situation throughout the day/week.
Dewsung
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I've gotten an answer from Samsung, next update should fix it
userELnVEtlGYT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for this, was having the same issue, looking forward to next update.

Members_MZpkeg3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

not sure why my post came as a reply instead of a new post? but at least I see I'm not the only person that is annoyed with this. May try your troubleshooting steps. Thanks!

Members_MZpkeg3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Dear Samsung,

Please correct the screensaver issue you created with the last update. 

Sincerely, 

Everyone    

*I'm not 8 years old. I don't want "colors" especially when I've snoozed and am trying to sleep. 

There are supposed to be options available because everyone doesn't want the same thing. duh.

userpImKTC3vmr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you, I was having the same issue and it was very irritating not being able to fix it.
0 Likes