Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Ultra Wi-Fi Strength?

(Topic created: 12-05-2023 01:30 PM)
bigDEEsel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey all,
I just recently completed the UI system update on my Verizon Galaxy S21 Ultra but now I can't see the WiFi signal strength anymore in my Wi-Fi connection settings page. Is anyone else having this issue?
I live in a rural area so I have to reconnect Wi-Fi often and make sure it's running in the higher range of connection rate, and not under 100 mbps - but now I'm no longer able to see what strength my connection is running for my Wi-Fi.
Does anyone know of a fix for this or how to re-enable it?
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
If you're facing issues with the Wi-Fi signal strength display after a UI system update on your Galaxy S21 Ultra, you might want to try a few troubleshooting steps. Firstly, restart your device to see if the issue persists. If that doesn't help, you can check for any additional software updates or patches from Verizon or Samsung that may address this specific problem. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to Samsung or Verizon support for assistance. They may have specific steps or information on resolving this issue.
0 Likes
bigDEEsel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the reply but the issue still persists and no instructions listed or given by Verizon or Samsung that I can find, any other suggestions?
0 Likes
JEANJIE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here- SAMSUNG S21 ULTRA
0 Likes
userh6skHj4Oar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here. Does not show signal strength in wifi settings on any connection.
0 Likes
Oscar77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here!!!  This is ridiculous.  Also takes twice as many steps to reach the same page.

0 Likes
JEANJIE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
What possible advantage Is there for not fixing it?There are enuff requests, so SAMSUNG must benefit by not fixing it. Could it be: 1.Programming labor shortage,
2.INFLUENCE (payoff) of internet providers, 3.Phasing out of an expensive cellphone feature...?
0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

I was thinking about manually updating my Vanilla S21 with Odin.  The download is 6.19 GB.

While your issue is frustrating, does the rest of the phone hold up after the upgrade to Android 14 One UI 6?

I am curious if I should just wait for Android 14.1. 😁

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
bigDEEsel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That's been really the only issue I've noticed on the update myself, which unfortunately is a big one for my personal view but overall I'd recommend it if you don't mind losing the ability to view your connection strength.
0 Likes