Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Ultra - "Floating App" help - Not Pop Up Window

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 11:34 PM)
g2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've had this feature on all my galaxy phones where I could use split screens but also I could "close" by going to my homepage an app like tiktok or YouTube anything with audio/video and it would pop up smaller in the corner. Everytime with tiktok this would work on my other samsungs my galaxy 9 especially. Occasionally with YouTube/tiktok I'd have to repeat the action a few times and eventually it would open. I never took the time to understand the feature or how it worked. 
Now that I'm using the S21 ultra when I close tiktok I can hear the audio but there's no "small pop" up window on the lower side.
How can I enable this feature?
If possible can I do it without allowing notifications? I hate having a bunch of useless notifications everytime I turn my phone.

Also: I went into Labs in advanced settings and turned on multi windows for apps and it still did not work. The app continues to play audio and shows a notification signal beside it

Please help - I LOVE(D) this feature.
2 Replies
g2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I fixed the issue (thank everyone for their reply, help, advice)
Anyone else with this issue - Labs turn on the multi view
Go to Apps & scroll down to enable Picture in Picture
For TikTok specifically - watch ANY live & click the share button it will open a small "menu" on there will be "background player" click that and choose between video pop up, audio only or none.

Otherwise for apps with PIP clicking the home bottom should automatically open them if it's enabled in settings for that app - if this doesn't work I suggest googling background players for the app.

Thanks 😊
Hope this helps someone 😂
0 Likes
sizzlerjoe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
How to get typing screen to self correct spelling ? Also, how to enlarge the typing letters ??? There should be a way.!?
0 Likes