Original topic:

Galaxy s 21 issues because on different carrier

(Topic created on: 4/18/21 11:30 AM)
Samsung_LVtyq1U
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I must start by saying I am extremely dissapointed with @samsung

I have a new s21 paid off from Tmobile, now using with my Verizon sims and Cannot receive videos or giffs. Everything else works except for that. Didn't have a problem with Tmobile but now have a problem with Verizon. I totally understand it's my choice to use a different carrier with the phone and I checked everything to make sure it was compatible. For 5 weeks now I have been going back and forth with tMobile, Verizon and Samsung. Samsung sent me to 2 repair stores, and they cannot fix the problem. I came to the point where I asked if they can just trade it in for a refurbished phone or another s21 that can work with Verizon without any problems. I have not gotten any help, other than them saying we can't help you. I have been a Samsung customer for over 10 years starting and I can say I am completely dishearted that after all these steps Samsung cannot help me. They will not allow me to trade in the s21 for another s 21 because it is not an upgrade. I am super upset with them and in the end, I now have a brand new phone I cannot use. In addition, the tech team continues to tell me different things. Even the Samsung Store told me Samsung should be able to help. 

If anyone knows a fix to this problem I am all ears, but I am also about to give up on Samsung because of this issue. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I assume that you mean that you can receive Videos and Gif's in your text messages?

Have you installed Verizon's Message plus app?  I would think that it should work.

As for being upset with Samsung, I guess I don't understand that.  You changed your mind after purchasing the phone (through TMobile??)  and changed to Verizon.  What does Samsung have to do with it?

I once bought an unlocked Moto Z4 and was not happy with it's features on Verizon and Verizon had me get insurance for a day and return the phone for which was replaced with a Verizon phone free under the warranty.  Perhaps try that approach with Verizon but by jumping from carrier to carrier there isnt much incentive for Verizon to help but it's worth a try.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
You may be missing some bands as Verizon is a CMDA carrier and T-mobile is GSM.
0 Likes