Original topic:

Gallery and Onedrive

(Topic created: 07-01-2021 08:26 PM)
bigjay1971
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
The gallery defaulted to a onedrive account that I don't use. How do I change it to a different account? 
5 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Go into Gallery settings and turn off Sync with Onedrive. Now add the account to Settings->Accounts and Backup and set that account to sync. If you want a photo specific sync similar to Gallery install either Google Photos or Amazon. There is no more Samsung Cloud so Onedrive is the only built in option for the Gallery app.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
bigjay1971
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks but that didn't work. I have 2 onedrive accounts. One is free the other is paid. It defaults to the free and can't get it to point to the paid.

The account in the "accounts and backup " is the paid account. The free one is not listed, but gallery defaults to it for some reason. The free one is full so I definitely need to get to the paid one.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@bill-e 

"If you want a photo specific sync similar to Gallery install either Google Photos or Amazon."

Just FYI, the OneDrive app has a similar experience/interface when you click the "Photos" icon at the bottom of the screen. 

I enjoy the "On the day" feature of OneDrive. It will show you photos that happened today across the years. This is really interesting when you dump 20+ years of photos in OneDrive. It lets you relive some old memories. 

bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
@LongHiker,
Thanks, yea I didn't mention Ondeive since the OP didn't want to use it.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
@bigjay1971.
Sorry, I misunderstood.
I simply have only one OneDrive account listed under Accounts and Backup, it has the same username as the free one would have but it is an existing account and my Gallery syncs to it.
Try deleting the free one and entering the other.

Bill
---
0 Likes