Original topic:

Gallery permissions bug

(Topic created on: 1/23/21 8:57 PM)
Sqweak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

So I've been noticing a bug on my Galaxy S21 Ultra where when i open the gallery app it would often prompt me to open settings and grant it the permission to access files on my device when it has already been granted. If I click cancel, the gallery closes and when i re-launch it it would open fine. Just wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing this? And how do i fix this?

3 Replies
FuzzyElf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
All I can suggest is stop hitting Cancel. Allow it.
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Can you provide the model code of your phone? Also, what happens when you agree to the permissions again? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_FOGRN2u
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem.  I've only noticed it when I open the gallery from inside the camera app, but I don't open the gallery app directly very often.  I don't get the permission prompt every time.  I have chosen to accept every time, and it then opens the app info, where it already shows that all possible permissions have been granted.

I just confirmed that it happened again after a reboot.

S21 Ultra SM-G998U1, running the February Update on T-Mobile.  It's happened since day one and the latest update didn't change anything.

0 Likes