Original topic:

Give s21 ultra EXTRA BRIGHTNESS!

(Topic created: 04-18-2022 01:18 PM)
sshermm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't understand how s21 ultra is fully capable of having the extra Brightness toggle but Samsung won't give it to us. I shouldn't have to have auto brightness on to max my brightness when I want. I also shouldn't have to upgrade to a galaxy22 to get the option to get extra Brightness when my current phone is capable. Samsung. Please give s21 users (at least the ultra) the extra Brightness toggle from the 22 series. It's frustrating not being able to max out my brightness when I want to. Thank you for reading.
4 Replies
tom2055
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
How do you know its capable? I believe it's powered by the S22 Ultras new 1750 nit screen
DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, whereas the S21 Ultra has a 1500 nit screen
0 Likes
For-You
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Try to use SetEdit and do some modification there i think you can have extra brightness... don't change anything, only if you know what to do.

Read this might help you
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-increase-decrease-screen-brightness-in-steps-programmatically-i...
0 Likes
l10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, I completely agree. It seems like the S21 Series phones are capable doing 1000+ nits (only when outdoors). However, indoors my S21+ is dimmer (maybe around 400-500 nits max indoors) than my old iPhone 11 Pro (which was able to get up to 700 or 800 nits even indoors).

I just would like to use the full capability of my display (or close to it) indoors like you can on the S22 or on iPhones (with autobrightness disabled). You can just put a disclaimer that the feature drains battery more, if that is the concern.

Or include it as a Good Lock add on (for those inclined to install it). Or add it into the "Labs" section of the Settings. Thank you
0 Likes