Original topic:

Glitches after Android 12 4.0 update

(Topic created: 12-03-2021 06:39 AM)
Crazed7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I am encountering problems with the Facebook app immediately following the update. I can't open up links within the app, and if it does open, I get app error and it force closes. 

Also, my Samsung TV shuts down the moment I pick up a phone call. I disabled Power on with Mobile in expert setting on my TV and removed the phone through External Device Manager (Device Connect)

Anyone else facing these issues 
0 Likes
11 Replies
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
During the S21 beta program, folks experienced issues with FB.

See if Force Stop and Storage Clear Cache (for app) helps
0 Likes
Crazed7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Still the same issue. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled and am again experiencing this
0 Likes
fjk1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Don't use it use the website
Crazed7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
That's a great workaround and it's what I'm doing, but I'd love all my apps to be functional per Play Store description.
fjk1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
One day it will patience my friend
0 Likes
moon-dancer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Try this. I was having the same problem. Instagram still won't work and open external links, but this helps for FB:

Go into the Facebook app > Settings > Media > scroll all the way down and click the box that says "Links open externally"   That worked for me. Not ideal, but until they fix the problem, it will work. 

M0narch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Un-aligned UI boxes in NBSScreenshot_20211203-121214_Google Play services.jpg
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

if the suggested fixes don't work then submit error report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report    after the issue is seen again.

the TV should have its own way of reporting error so don't group the issues into 1 ticket.

0 Likes
Crazed7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you. Moving forward I'll separate my issues that I'm facing.

Just as an FYI, the app is basically inoperable on my phone and (chrome) web bro
0 Likes