Original topic:

Google Messages RCS

(Topic created: 06-21-2021 03:39 PM)
VitaminDsmith
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
For the last two weeks I haven't been able to get my Google Messages app to verify my number and set up RCS messages. I've never had an issue with it before on either the stock Samsung Messages or on Google Messages. If I use the number I'm assigned through Google Voice then it verifies it and sends the text to verify the phone number but not if I use my device phone number. AT&T doesn't know what the problem is and Google support doesn't see a problem on their end either. I've avoided coming to Samsung for help because I've never had a good customer service experience with your company. FIX MY GOOGLE MESSAGES OR PHONE NUMBER SAMSUNG! 
3 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm convinced once you get away from Samsung messages. They block your Google account
0 Likes
tom2044
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
I had to same issue with RCS not working is Google Messages. I downloaded the "Carrier Services" app (from the Play Store, it's also a Google app so not a sketchy 3rd party app) and that fixed my problem.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

what carriers are you all using? just curious and would like to see if there is some other common points besides "RCS not working on Google Messages"

Have you tried submitting error report on Samsung Members?

reproduce the issue and submit the report soon after, it lets the app collect logs relating to the issue and allows the tech to look into the issue better (helps to provide screenshots or recordings depending on how hard it is to describe what the issue is exactly)