Original topic:

Google Messages\S21\Verizon

(Topic created: 05-05-2022 11:35 AM)
Brodieman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My wife has the S21, using Google Messages with RCS turned on (Chat Features).  She has TONS of issues in the last several months where I cannot message her, it will say she is offline.  She has to restart her phone and it starts working again.  This was happening once a week, now it's almost daily.

My daughter has the A21 and this happens to her as well, although I don't think it's as often.

I am not sure if this is a Google Messages issue, Samsung issue, or Verizon issue.  Am I the only one?

8 Replies
Don9690
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Make sure she has it set as default, and also clear the cache. Also if her cell reception is **bleep** it will cause issues.
0 Likes
Brodieman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Its the default app, yeah.  I'll have to try clearing that out and see if it stops.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

could be a RCS server issue.. maybe try disabling chat features and turn it back on? 

or

Submit an error report after replicating the issue and get feedback
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
Brodieman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

If it's a  server issue, then why would she have to restart her phone?  Why would it never happen to me?

How controls RCS servers?  Google, since it's Google Messages?  If it's just Google, it should be happening to me too.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

could be a RCS server issue.. maybe try disabling chat features and turn it back on? 

or

Submit an error report after replicating the issue and get feedback

Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
Jweezy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Is Google messages the same as Google Hangouts or Chats?
0 Likes
Brodieman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

No, Google Messages is Googles SMS\MMS\RCS app, default on the Pixels but available to others.

0 Likes
Philly76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
You probably have, but make sure you have send as SMS when chat not available turned on. This happens with my son's phone from time to time when he's inactive for awhile but at least the texts go through due to that setting being turned on. But not sure why this happens.
0 Likes