Original topic:

Google RCS not working on S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 09:46 PM)
AnOaklandSir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Anyone else having issues with RCS on their galaxy s21's? I'm on TMobile and using the android messages app.

RCS was working fine since I purchased my phone in July, but a couple weeks ago, i noticed it keeps trying to verify my number. I uninstalled/reinstalled carrier services as I've seen this has helped some but no luck. 
7 Replies
Mprunty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I had a similar issue being on Verizon. How I fixed the issue was to go into settings, apps and clear the cache (not storage) for the messages app. After doing so, I uninstalled the application then re-installed it. Upon activating the RCS features, it took about 15 seconds to verify.
AnOaklandSir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Did not work for me.
RobertGj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I just had it on my fold 3 I had to close google messages and reopen. I 1st got alerts ppl left my chats. Must been a glitch, working now
0 Likes
userF11Os4rLgP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
0 Likes
AnOaklandSir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Tried it. It said it's unable to turn off chat features for my phone. To contact my carrier.
Focr06
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I'd also recommend getting a new sim card.. It worked for a friend of mine.. Not on purpose 😂 he got a new sim card for different reasons and we were able to reactive. Also, make sure that it's not trying to active on Samsung messages too
0 Likes
Ray3610
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have same problem I don't have that option on my unlocked s20 plus
0 Likes