JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google messages RCS not working on S21 Ultra Verizon

(Topic created: 03-02-2021 05:44 PM)
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

Has anybody got Google messages RCS working on their 21 ultra for Verizon? Mine just keep trying to verify

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
out of nowhere My RCS just started to work

View solution in context

19 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, both Google and Samsung Messages.  Did you install carrier services?

Having said that the only RCS service I've confirmed is the delivery receipt, I have not seen typing ot read receipts.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
I can't get RCS to work on either the Samsung app or Google messages since I got this 21 ultra it's not available for Samsung through Verizon and I can't get Google messages to verify my number even though it's been verified before on my Note 10
0 Likes
Chasethe1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am in the same boat as you. Though I have the midrange Galaxy A50 on Verizon. My RCS connectivity randomly stopped working for Google Messages. it has never worked for Samsung Messages. It is stuck at "trying to verify" and has been that way for about a week now. Carrier Services has been updated twice and G Messages once and still no luck.
Letta0307
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I've posted about this as well and so far for me I cannot get it to connect. I have been using the standard samsung messages and even that's having issues with my RCS where without warning my text go from blue to green. No one at Samsung has been helpful. this has been happening since I switched from the S10+ to the S21+
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Do you have an unlocked S21 Ultra or did you buy it through Verizon? A lot of people have issues with their unlocked S21's getting chat features to work. From what I know it's the carrier's fault because they want you to buy the phones through them. I have the unlocked S21 Ultra and I'm on AT&T. At first it didn't work, so I went ahead and flashed the AT&T firmware on my phone, now when I restart my phone I get the AT&T logo at the bootup. RCS on Google messages still didn't work for about a week, kept getting the same thing as you, trying to verify number. Now about a week later, it suddenly worked and I'm connected on Google messages and I can see read receipts, typing etc.

0 Likes
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
I bought from Samsung but for Verizon it's a Verizon phone when you turn it on it lights up Verizon
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Ah ok, not sure then. Like Bill-e said, do you have carrier services installed from the play store? Also doesn't Verizon have their own messaging app that works with RCS?

0 Likes
Lee67
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
yes I have Carrier services up to date and no Verizon messaging don't have RCs and the app stinks I spent an hour on the phone with Google got nowhere in about 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon and got nowhere what a surprise
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry to hear that, I'm not sure then. Only thing I could think of is to flash another firmware to your phone, but that's not a beginner thing to do cause you could brick your phone if you're doing it wrong.

0 Likes