Original topic:

Google messages not working

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 10:13 PM)
userF11Os4rLgP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
B4 u get rid of your old phone go to Google messages and turn off  chat features. Under settings  chat features. It need to log off your number ..If u don't it thinks its someone trying to use your number for other reasons.. if you forget to turn it off use the link to verify the phone number is yours. https://messages.google.com/disable-chat
4 Replies
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Sounds like Google is pulling an Apple move 🙄
userF11Os4rLgP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I see the security behind it. I wouldn't want someone using my number for end to end encryption other than myself
0 Likes
AnOaklandSir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
The issue is, google/carriers did a **bleep** job communicating this to folks. I have chat features enabled on my pixel 4xl in July. The phone malfunctioned so I upgraded to the S21 ultra. If I had known, I would've disabled chat features on the pixel 4xl before sending it to asurion. Now I can't use RCS on my galaxy S21 Ultra. I've done every troubleshooting step with Google, TMobile, and Samsung and all three have support tickets open and no idea how to enable RCS so it works on my S21 Ultra.

What a mess...
0 Likes
Focr06
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
We had this issue with a friend before.. But when he switched his sim card from sprint to tmobile, it fixed the problem.. 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:
0 Likes