Original topic:

Google text message font

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 06:45 PM)
Ellin
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Here's something I just noticed, I have a customized font that I've always used throughout my phone, I just noticed that my Google keyboard is using it as always but my text messages are reverted back to default, so now names and keyboard are what I have set, and the messages are default! Any thoughts on what you do or why this happened?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Try setting your font to default then switching it back to your current font
Device settings>display>font size and style>font style>default>switch back to "your font"
0 Likes
Ellin
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks I'll give it a try
0 Likes
MissAmazing
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Google is switching their apps to the new Material You design. So the font has changed and some colors as well. The rest of your phone will still have your desired font, but Google apps will use their Google Sans font.
0 Likes
Ellin
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Even with the switch to material you, won't we still have the choice of what font we want to use???
0 Likes
MissAmazing
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Not within the messages. Looks like font of choice is applied in the main screen, but not on individual threads
0 Likes
Ellin
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Not on mine, my Google keyboard types in my font but each thread reverts back to the ugly, boxy default font, I've tried everything now half my phone has what I've set and half is the default, looks like all Google apps are now default, last night I switched my message app to pulse and it looks much better.
0 Likes
Ellin
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Hope they don't change the Google keyboard because I've tried many and always change back to Google
0 Likes