Original topic:

Group messages not working

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 09:28 AM)
Luvy210
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ever since the last update, my group texts aren't working. I, instead,  receive the text message to the person's individual text thread,  then I have to restart my phone 2 or 3 times before it will download in the group chat.  I already talked to T-Mobile, & its not a carrier issue. 
8 Replies
LONNIEBX12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Check the group mms feature in your messages settings and make sure it's turned on
0 Likes
Luvy210
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It is
0 Likes
userTa7Eg6FzVL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a similar post about group chat settings The S21 has group chat toggle deep in it's settings. Setting>Multimedia messages > Group conversation. This used to be a toggle on the conversation menu.

Is turned on[blue]? and not working?
0 Likes
Luvy210
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes. I have that on. When I contacted T-Mobile (my carrier) they checked everything on their end and there's nothing wrong with the network. All my other texts work fine, it's just my group message, and it happens usually in the afternoon - early evening. They said it was a device issue. It started when I did my last phone update. Screenshot_20210617-150806_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
Mel-Lee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello. Currently having this issue. Got my phone yesterday. Did your issue get resolved?
0 Likes
Monjiar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here. For the last two updates. Individual texts say "Downloading" but no details, no messages in the group... Buddy with an iPhone had same issue. He has same carrier as I do Verizon. Not carrier and not brand specific. What gives?
0 Likes
userNMpCLdvLBT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I was able to send group texts from S21 until yesterday and suddenly it stopped.  Checked the settings and group conversation is on. Any resolution?

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. Being that you have checked all the settings in the phone are correct. I recommend that you reach back out to you service provider to resolve this issue. 

0 Likes