Original topic:

Help needed - gmail stopped syncing

(Topic created: 01-03-2024 05:40 PM)
Bailante
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Subj. After update to OneUi 6 notifications dont arrive for gmail on my s21 ultra. Sync is on in all the settings (phone and app ones), tried to clear cache, uninstall/install updates, reboot, delete data, delete/add accounts. Nothing works. The only way to see new emails is to manually pull down on specific mailbox

0 Likes
7 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Good evening @Bailante,

I hope you're doing well. Are you using the stock Gmail app or are you syncing your Gmail account Samsung email app?

My recommendation would be using the dedicated Gmail app.
Bailante
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for the fast reply! Using stock gmail app

0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Try this Method: I call this a little notification refresh- I know you mentioned making sure notifications are on for the app but try this method.

Open your Gmail app> next tap the three lines at the top left corner> tap on "settings"> now "general settings"> then tap on "manage notifications"> now toggle off then toggle back on "allow notifications" at the top> then tap "notification categories" towards the bottom> make sure all the notification settings in this sub menu are toggled on. I would toggle them off then on again just to make sure every notification in this app is enabled.

Try this Method to see if it works.
0 Likes
Bailante
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Sadly, that did not help

0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry to hear that, not sure if your update broke something for you 😕 I'm sorry I couldn't help beyond that
0 Likes
JustSean
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having exactly the same problem, did you find a solution?

0 Likes
user7y1LMIUmO5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi I'm Aldo having the same exact issue. Does someone have a solution?
0 Likes