Original topic:

Help with moisture alert

(Topic created: 09-05-2021 01:59 PM)
userPxMX5ZfEZ0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

So two days ago I woke up to S21 having not charged at all after plugging it in that night. When I tried to charge it, it gave me the moisture alert. I put the phone in front of a fan for an hour and still nothing. Went out of my way to clean the charging port but still nothing. Brought it into my carrier and they referred me to a repair shop. The repair shop told me it could be the port but they've been having several people come in and ask them to fix the same issue for a few days and they think it may be the software. Has anyone else experienced this issue recently? I understand if I've done something incorrect but I don't remember my phone getting wet in the slightest. If anyone has found a workaround for the alert then I'd be very interested to see what worked for you all. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
SteveFrench8801
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I've seen this a couple times on Samsung phones. It could be a charge port, like they said. I take it that your s21 is still under manufacturer warranty? if so, you may want to contact Samsung about it.
0 Likes
DAN003
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Try turning off your phone and turning it back on to reset the error or contact samsung support hope this helps 👍!
0 Likes
DAN003
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
The moisture detection might trigger with humidity
0 Likes
DAN003
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Or try:try clear data

settings → apps → tap hamburger icon → show system apps → USBSettings app → clear data

then kindly turn off and on the device

😉

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

If you have tried the steps listed here with no success, repairs would be recommended: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001449/

You are welcome to visit your local uBreakiFix for walk-in repair services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes