Original topic:

Helpppp

(Topic created on: 4/11/21 10:31 PM)
Mooseface
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
How do I enable the read receipts. I have the option on already but its still not working. Also I do not see the blue bubbles on the contact names that also have an android phone. How do I enable that? Please help I've taken to Samsung and my mobile carrier already and they are no help. 
0 Likes
7 Replies
CJ619
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
If you already enabled it, then it should be active. If the other parties phone does NOT have that feature activated on their phone, you won't know of they read it or not.

Or another reason may be, that they don't have Advanced Messaging turn on, on their device. Hope that helps
0 Likes
Mooseface
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea, I've literally tried everything I could think of to troubleshoot. The person I'm trying to message has the exact same phone as I do and her settings are enabled. She is able to see read receipts with her husband who has a Samsung phone. So her and I should be able to see eachothers read receipts as well. But for some reason even though it is enabled, on both ends, I still cannot see the read receipt and she cannot see mine either.

On my note 10 I had a blue dot on the contact who had an android phone and I was able to see read receipts with those individuals. I don't have that feature on this new phone, is there a way to enable being able to see other Android users ? I think that might be a reason why I cannot see the read receipt. My phone cannot tell the difference between and I phone user and an android user.
0 Likes
Dunamai77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi, first go into your Samsung Messages app, then tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen to bring up a menu. Then tap on "Settings." Go up to "Chat Settings" at the top of the screen and tap it. Then make sure your "Rich Communications settings" is toggled on. Have you already done this?
0 Likes
Mooseface
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
That is not an option for me under chat settings. But I spoke with Samsung and they said it is enabled automatically with the new phones.

Screenshot_20210411-235819_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
Dunamai77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Otherwise, the issue may be that the other person is using a phone where RCS is not enabled. They would have to enable those chat settings on their phone, too.
0 Likes
Mooseface
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yup my friend also has hers enables and she has no issues seeing read receipts with other people but she can't see them with me and I can't see them with her.
0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Clear the apps cache then force stop the app and then check for the chat settings again

Edit: which messaging app are you guys using and what is your model number? If your phone is an unlocked phone then RCS availability depends on your carrier

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

0 Likes