JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not able to change home screen layout

(Topic created: 02-02-2021 08:08 AM)
userZqbFtuNxDm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Well, I have gotten my new S21 Ultra 5G and apparently Samsung took away the option to change the home screen grid.  It is set at 4x5.  This feature should be returned so that individuals are able to change the size and placement of their icons.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey there @userZqbFtuNxDm, I hope you're doing well.

Firstly, congratulations on your new Galaxy! I'm so excited for you.

To answer your question regarding grids, you can still change them! Head over to the Settings app>Home screen>Home screen grid

If that isn't enough options, you can go even further! Simply open the Galaxy Store and search for Good Lock. Download and install it. Within Good Lock, you'll see a nice collection of plug-ins that will allow further customizations of your new Galaxy. What we're looking for is a plug-in called Home Up. Download and install that as well.

Once Home up is installed, open it within Good Lock and go to: Home screen>Home screen grid (this will give you even more options than before.)

I hope this helps! I can't wait to hear back from you. 

Take care! 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
VirginiaUSA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

My homescreen grid has 4 options.  Settings > Homescreen > Homescreen Grid

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

download good lock and install home up, you can change your home screen grid, apps screen grid, and fav max count as well

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
If you use the good lock application you can modify the home screen as you want it is very good I recommend it
0 Likes
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey there @userZqbFtuNxDm, I hope you're doing well.

Firstly, congratulations on your new Galaxy! I'm so excited for you.

To answer your question regarding grids, you can still change them! Head over to the Settings app>Home screen>Home screen grid

If that isn't enough options, you can go even further! Simply open the Galaxy Store and search for Good Lock. Download and install it. Within Good Lock, you'll see a nice collection of plug-ins that will allow further customizations of your new Galaxy. What we're looking for is a plug-in called Home Up. Download and install that as well.

Once Home up is installed, open it within Good Lock and go to: Home screen>Home screen grid (this will give you even more options than before.)

I hope this helps! I can't wait to hear back from you. 

Take care! 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.