JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to block Text Messages from a Email that are Spam?

(Topic created: 05-30-2021 10:39 AM)
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey Samsung,

Can you add a setting in Samsung Messages to allow users to block spam text messages coming from emails? You already have the option to block numbers. But for those that are getting inappropriate text messages from email sources are only able to simply delete the conversation. They can still continue to receive text from those emails. Can you add Spam Protection like Google Messages offers? (For those that don't want to have to download a different messaging app)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Jess04

Hey,

The only option for blocking these types of messages is to call your carrier tech support and ask if they can block them for you. I did this a year ago and haven't received any since.

Best regards,

CLF 

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Alieb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
There should also be an option that prompts you when you're deleting a text message to also block this number do you have that
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I've only seen it the other way around. After selecting to Block a text conversation, it will ask if you want to Delete it as well.
0 Likes
Alieb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
What phone do you have
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the S21 Ultra. But the phone I saw with the initial issue above, was the S10.
Alieb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It should show you this But there are also features on androids like mine such as the ability to see typing indicators from another person in text messages but when I talk a little on it doesn't nothing and yeah I will talk to Samsung in my Carrier or nothing happenedclipboard_image_1622399474113_1622399474113.jpg
Options
Galaxy S21
What Alieb said in the first reply. ☝
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Jess04

Hey,

The only option for blocking these types of messages is to call your carrier tech support and ask if they can block them for you. I did this a year ago and haven't received any since.

Best regards,

CLF 

View solution in context

0 Likes