Original topic:

How to get rid of Storage "Others"

(Topic created: 05-08-2022 02:01 PM)
userhqs8jaCgv3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I did some cleansing with the exact opposite effect.

After compressing some videos to HEVC format to transfer them to a ssd and remove them from my phone, I had to realize that nearly the excact same amount of storage that I have removed appearce now in "Others"(38GB > 55GB!).

I deleted the system cache repaired the apps afterwards looked into all folders but i couldnt find any possibility to fix the error. And yes i the amount of storage taken by apps is displayed. As well as all the other categorys. I did any trick that i found after reading in the forums. 

There are no datas in androidmyfiles or in the trash. and even after I activated developers mode I dont have the three dots in the upper right corner when i open the storage analysis...

Please help me somebody i dont want to reset my whole phone over this bs.

0 Likes
1 Reply
userhqs8jaCgv3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Cute .... I did my research and LIKE YOU nobody had a proper answer! 

I used EVERY suggetion that I found and their are either werent available In the current sytem (many of the discussions had been old) or didnt worked. 

My problem is not that im to stupid to enable the system to reach out to my apps. I calculated its neither the perfectly good calculated videos pictures or apps that are represented in my "others". To me it looks like i have a bunch of dead files floathing around since with every file that i delet the "others" folder grew! 

Youre answer is not more than an insult. 

0 Likes