JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to reset adaptive brightness?

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 07:08 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having issues where my S21 adaptive brightness is going weird things.

Sometimes in an a dark or dim room it would go high or even max brightness and would not let me lower it.

Similarly in bright light or outside, it would turn dim and would dim regularly even after brightening manually.

Is there a way to reset the adaptive brightness and to properly control it and figure out why it is misbehaving, such as which sensors or cameras are responsible?

4 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Just simply turn off adaptive brightness for the time being. I've read a small amount of posts in the beta forums about this same issue.

I'm not aware of any current fixes.
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried turning Adaptive brightness off and back on?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes have tried that and it did not help. I would be fine without adaptive brightness 99% of the time it is the times I go outside or use certain apps outdoors where brightness is important.

I have tried Bixby routines, but it cannot set adaptive brightness or have any other smart brightness control based on time of day or ambient brightness.

There are also third party brightness apps, but most I have tried have been best at only draining my battery.

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21

I finally found it. its the Device Health Service, which when you go to mange storage says it stores battery statistics as well ad adaptive brightness data. Once cleared all is back to normal, or at least better.