Original topic:

How to unlock a family members phone that has passed away?

(Topic created: 06-15-2022 05:58 AM)
user4MMae3OsQC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My brother passed away and we do not have the pin to his phone.  We need the information and have no access to his other accounts (waiting for google to respond).  How can we unlock his phone?  I have a death certificate and any other pertinent information Samsung may need.  I tried calling, but nobody was able to help.  Please advise.

7 Replies
MorganLuv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hope you get help getting in the phone, sorry for your loss
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Take it to the carrier or a Samsung store. With proof. Odds are they can't get into it without a pin
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm sorry for your loss.

You need to contact Samsung directly. Use the Support tab at the bottom of the main screen of this app.

My uncle died recently and his daughter had to contact the phone manufacturer to get his phone unblocked.
Options
Galaxy S21
So sorry for your loss. 🙏🙏🙏
0 Likes
useruvDIItrrNu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem,, my son committed suicide February 25th last year this was my youngest son. Siri as a family my son's my daughter and my self lost my second husband who was more of a father to them then their real father but he had some demons that he kept secret and we argued one day, and we left I called him when I talk to him when I was a very mean I tried to call back and I got no answer I was still in our mobile home park so I quickly turned around I pulled into my driveway in as soon as I open the door I was watching him fall I could smell the gunpowder behind me game my oldest son at that time he had just turned 13 and then my daughter who was 11 started and throwing up Michael never came inside Michael served his country he went through ROTC his hole time in high school and this is at Santa Fe High in New Mexico and let me tell you that is a brave thing to do right then okay this is not Palm Beach Florida or some fancy school this is Santa Fe games and he was brave enough to stand up and do what he thought was right. I am the other hand was not a good mom after this all happened I just I folded I wanted to die but I wouldn't do that to my kids but I did it something much worse I met a guy that was so bad and he beat me on a regular basis and front of my children and I didn't realize this scare he put into them I think I just wanted him to kill me so I would just die the reason this is so important is that I know my son would never ever ever kill himself when Michael was going off to training his girlfriend from middle school who is Austin a foster child that grew up with him may I have the same last name they were adopted by the same foster parents I loved the mom I just didn't like her girlfriend background checks weren't performed on girlfriends or boyfriends. She cheated on Michael when he was assigned to Hawaii he didn't shoot himself then but it's just me in this case and I'm February 25th Nadine was of course in in tears and I comforted her because I knew what she was going through and she told me the police were there for 12 hours and I thought why why would they be there for 12 hours we need to be able to get the text messages that were on Michael's phone and the calls that were made please let me know if there's some way I can do this. I don't have much time I was diagnosed with lupus at the beginning of the pandemic and it has attacked my brain and I have been diagnosed with chronic micro Grove vascular disease it's a nice word for chronic stroke so I'm ticking time bomb is there anything you can do to help me I know there's more to this she married Michael's best friend 2 months after his death there was no obituary. Her mother put out a GoFundMe page for get this cleanup and for funeral expenses they raised $12,000 Michael was a US Army soldier so I know his burial cost them nothing and now I know he had so many friends but what else went in there and did the cleanup I would have done it his brother would have been it my son worked for months on that house bringing it up to date it only took two days to sell it so they had that money the $12,000 and they got married and moved to Taos New Mexico. There's not even a headstone for me to go and pay my respects to my son there wasn't even an obituary put in the newspaper when I asked his wife about it all of a sudden there was a online obituary but none in the newspaper who's Memorial with other Park in Santa Fe New Mexico I with my lupus could not attend because I can't go in the sunlight and I can't go in the High Altitude there were a hundred people there eat with loved. His memorial was they went to the dollar store and bought army green balloons and they let them go in the air Addison for sprinkle in some Park free wearing even offered do it brother or myself my son did not deserve this he served this country love his country I know the police think that there's more to this because they were there for 12 hours something made them suspicious
0 Likes
Rplatt56
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
The army and va will supply the headstone for your son
0 Likes
user4MMae3OsQC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung said they could unlock the phone through "find my samsung", but they won't do it without his samsung password.  I have all the legal document they would need to cover themselves, but they still refuse.  Maybe I need a lawyer...

0 Likes