Original topic:

I've ordered an s21 ultra, but gonna miss s21 backplate

(Topic created: 06-13-2021 07:03 PM)
CipherMatt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've had this s21 for fair many months, now I repair ALOT of electronics, hundreds weekly, however I've probably broken more screens than I've fixed truth be told. None the less when I first bought this s21 I went full blown case, screen protection, all that Good stuff only to realize... "OH the back plates some type of plastic sweet!", if your like me in any way, always moving and rarely get a chance to sit still, you've probably gotten up and had your phone in your lap only for someone to call your Name and as you get up all you hear is that soul crushing crunchy crack sound with a plop at the end, sure enough it's your phone, and that dread of "OH gawd, How bad is it" washes over you as you reach to pick it up. 

What follows is usually a mildly ruined day, that you can normally only blame yourself at. 

....However the S21, back plate is nice, feels good in the hand, the material doesn't feel or make one think of an inferior product. It's actually a nice change of pace, which looking at this fully featured device I'm getting (the ultra version *Samsung what's with the names seriously, cmon*) has a glass back plate. Which I'm not exactly thrilled about. I'm really not. Nonetheless as a tech repair person who runs his own business, Its just apart of my gig to know about what's what and to get a hands on experience with the latest and greatest, so that when others purchase and eventually have problems, I can diagnose and have a complete understanding of what's under the hood and what to expect as more and more people get these things, it's a good opportunity to keep up with the technology and environment. 
I am writing this because I wanted to take a moment of my time to just appreciate the craftsmanship and engineering that went into this s21. It will be loved in my heart. Sadly s21 ultra -_- here I come... begrudgingly, knowing at some point in the near future that device will fall and crack, and I will look back at the s21 and ask "Why?!" 
4 Replies
Jboo1980
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Wait a minute.... I have a custom s21 ultra (wanted the brown one and unlocked) they call it custom anyway the back of mine isn't glass..... the only part that's glass is the camera portion... or maybe I'm confused by your comment... I've dropped every samsung phone I've had at least once. The only one that got damaged was my s7. It was an overheating nightmare phone... but never mind that. In my opinion samsung makes the strongest phones when it comes to bangs, bumps, scratches and breaks. The only screen that ever broke was the s7. It was constantly overheating which could possibly cause the glass to weaken making it break? I'm just guessing here...

Have you received your s21 ultra yet? I'd really like to know if the back is actually glass or glass like. Hmm.
0 Likes
CipherMatt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've heard stories of the dreaded so, I've never really had the chance to get ahold of one of the janky batteries ones. But that's actually interesting to know theirs a plastic back ultra, I want to look into that! No not yet, I am mildly confused, I noticed when I bought it. I'd got a email saying this and that. But when my money went to the company than I got the funny email saying it was out of stock they were quick to sell it to me, lol. Which I'm not bummed about that tbh. But found it kinda funny. I've messaged them and they assured me that they get them all the time so figured it might take an extra day or so
0 Likes
ToyYodaGuy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
The base S21 back is plastic but looks and feels like the S21 plus and the S21 Ultra which are premium Victus gorilla glass.
0 Likes
CipherMatt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I've come to notice alot of the middle shelf versions of the samsung devices are very well built as well. But as far as breaking screens and what not, it's just something I find ironic and can't help but laugh since I repair the things so much. When I break my own devices screen <edit> I grab a replacement off my shelf. LOL

0 Likes