Original topic:

Incompatibility of S21 Ultra with External Microphone

(Topic created: 06-30-2021 08:49 PM)
userScINnXitqG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

I am a vlogger and shoot my videos, edit them on phone. I dub the videos using external microphone. I purchased new S21 Ultra knowing that it doesnt have 3.5mm jack (disappointing already). But i was of the impression that either usb type-c to 3.5mm adapter would work fine for connecting my 3.5mm external microphone. But to my utter disappointment, generic adapters available in the market didnt work at all. The phone simply threw a message 'connected device not supported'. I had to purchase exhorbitantly priced Samsung's adapter, but it's hardly good. Neither earphones sound good on it, nor does the micorphone record properly. Mic's gain is hampered a lot and recorded sound also sounds muffled. 

Moreover, when bought  USB Type C microphone, thinking it would solve the issue, THE phone again threw a message saying 'connected device not supported'. Why??

Why are capabilites of a FLAGSHIP phone so limited? It should make possibilities limitless, right? instead i find limitations in most basic of the functionalities. 

Please provide a solution.

0 Likes
3 Replies
geekgirlsysmgt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Record voice over as separate media file. Edit in video or edit all on old windows moviemaker app
0 Likes
geekgirlsysmgt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you considered using good Bluetooth? See truckstop stores. I think parrot with noise canceling should do well. Avoid Dolby sound. It muddied and muffled sound
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm thinking that this may be an Android 11 thing. I've actually put in a feature request to Adobe for Lightroom to be able to access usb storage. From what I've read the app developer has to request permission and how that is done is different in Android 11. We'll see if developers make the adjustments.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes