Original topic:

Intermittent random signal loss. Please help.

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 04:07 PM)
TyDye8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello. I have a unlocked s21 ultra that uses the TMobile network. For about a month now I've been having this issue where I randomly see the signal bars change to a white circle with a cross through it. It does this for around 2-3 seconds usually before going back to having signal. It seems to do this at random to, even when I have 4 or 5 bars. There is also no specific location it does it at, for example it does it sometimes at home or even at the mall of America.

So far I have tried replacing the SIM card and that seems to of fixed other issues, but not this one. 

If anyone has any questions then please ask so I can provide more information. I would also greatly appreciate suggestions on how to fix this.

Edit: it is also worth noting that sometimes I do not receive calls and sometimes others don't receive my calls, it auto declines instantly
3 Replies
MarkWatney1701
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Im thinking its the phone trying to switch networks. Happens alot on t mobile, go into settings, connections, mobile networks, network operators, then turn off auto and select t mobile. That may work
0 Likes
TyDye8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No that didn't work. It is also worth noting that sometimes I don't receive calls and sometimes others don't receive my calls (it auto declines). Do you think a factory data reset could help?
0 Likes
MarkWatney1701
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I doubt it. Its probably an issue on t mobiles end. I had it happen alot years ago when i first switched and coverage was spotty. I would give them a call and see what they have to say. Customer support for t mobile is usually pretty good. If they cant help the only other thing i can think of is it might be a bad antenna or modem in the phone, which if you bought it from t mobile they might help or last resort samsung should warrenty it
0 Likes