Original topic:

Intermittly cant hear party i'm calling

(Topic created: 05-11-2021 03:02 PM)
ak_willy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have had a ongoing issue  with both our new S21's that is difficult to recreate. We have a relatively weak signal in our house, averages around 103 db. Often phones will switch between cellular and wifi. When initiating a call I often can not hear party I called yet they hear me, ( I may not even hear anything after first ring). This occurs only when first connecting. Once call is established there are no further issues. I have tried wifi or cellular preferred and seems to have no effect. Am wondering if this a phone or provider issue and if it could be happening when phone is switching between wifi and cellular connections. Any ideas ??

3 Replies
sexyNMbabe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I think it's the phone. I have the same issue and have had it since I got the phone in late January. I have Tmobile and its not a network issue. It's the phone...i don't think it's compatible with my service in my area
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

If it's a device locked to the carrier then compatibility probably isn't the issue... what is more likely (in my opinion) is that the cell towers are working fine, but there's just too many obstacles hindering the signal between the tower and your phone.

Or the hardware is just defective...

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

first, who is your carrier??

If it's not the network provider's issue, then it could be the device... 

I suggest reporting an issue to Samsung Members app soon after it happens again. This will allow the app to collect logs regarding the issue and let the tech at Samsung look into what was happening within the device that may have caused the issue. It might be something simple as 'too weak of a signal where you are' or it could also be defective antennae... who knows.

0 Likes