Original topic:

Internet issues.

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 09:59 AM)
userZ2tRlhkk5z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Since receiving my phone I have been woefully disappointed with internet capability while using data.  Even if I have a strong signal, I sometimes have difficulty with simple google searches even.  Ill be on the road and need to find a phone number for say, a local restaurant, and with 5g and 5 bars it cannot manage to search or will find the initial google search results only to refuse to go further to the businesses website.   It feels like, and reminds me of, the "old" days when I had limited data and I was over my limit and it was throttling me back.   

Furthermore, when I switch between known WIFI's (work to home for example) it sometimes will automatically connect and other times will not.  Occasionally it will auto connect, yet not show that I have internet when other devices show that there is internet.  In either case I have to turn WIFI on and then off again to find and connect to a know WIFI.

Also, Bluetooth acts much the same way.  Devices I know are showing will not appear as available on my phone and I have to turn Bluetooth off and back on again to find them.   

When I asked my store about this they suggested I reset network settings, which seemed to help...However, I am resetting NS repeatedly now and thus resetting all Bluetooth and WIFI's.  It seems like I am constantly turning things on and off or resetting them.   I think my old Kyocera was better...

Anyone have any ideas what to do next?

6 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Settings
Apps
Show system app
Search for network
Clear data of all related app
If not
Wipe cache partition
If not
Factory reset
If not flash with Odin
If not
Trade it with Note 20 ultra
0 Likes
userZ2tRlhkk5z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have reset multiple times to no avail

0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Turn off throttling. I had that problem on my Note 20 Ultra.
0 Likes
userZ2tRlhkk5z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Data saver was already off.  

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I can see how this issue can be frustrating. I recommend that you make sure your phone is up to date, I would also recommend that you swap out the sim card in your phone. 

0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
What the setting is supposed to do is "save you data" but most of us have unlimited data nowadays. Find your data throttling and turn it off
0 Likes