JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is the S21 a right handed phone?

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 06:31 AM)
userTa7Eg6FzVL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I've had my S21 for about 3 months now.  The first couple of weeks I spent tweeking the settings because of connectivity and sound levels. Some call where so faint I couldn't hear the caller on voice or video calls. I had to hold phone at awkward angles not optimal for the connection type. The lower speaker had it own issues with volume.

I never did fid why the volume fluctuate from call to call. It still has issues intermittently.

The reason i titled this post "A right handed phone" is because I wanted to get community feedback on this issue..

When I hold the S21 to my right ear the sound level is at a normal level. When I switch to the other ear the volume drops drastically. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comparing how the S21 is built vs S9 , the speaker on the S21 is on top right edge of phone vs the top mid front facing for the S9. When I hold to my left ear the speaker lay in scapha or above the helix of the ear.

Anytime I want to multi-task on a phone call and use my dominant hand for something else I have adjust the phone to an uncomfortable position. 

You can't fix my phone but Samsung please reevaluate the speaker position for your next generation. Personally, I would prefer the front facing speaker with offset camera or a top center speaker for the button hole.
9 Replies
NSDcard
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's probably a wrong-handed phone :mobile_phone I 🧭:globe_with_meridians::milky_way::rainbow:
NSDcard
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Wow! Different Intellectual being
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Why did you mention sunglasses? There's no corolation to being tone deaf.
0 Likes
user9JCi8LcZVl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
My kids are lefties so I get your issue. Hopefully you'll be able to adjust your gestures to accommodate using your phone.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm sorry userTa7 you didn't get any help from these answers other than perhaps user9. Ask a moderator.
0 Likes
userTa7Eg6FzVL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
How do you ask a moderator?
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
To get to a moderator or Samsung expert you need to get out of community members and log back into Samsung members. When you log back in a page opens up and you can pick "help" instead of "community".. might be worth a shot as community is geared towards general issues. Or you can scroll around in community until you find one. They have a big blue name. Worth a shot
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userTa7Eg6FzVL 

The speaker for the S21 is located in the center near the top. The hole you see near the top right is a microphone. 

https://gadgetguideonline.com/s21/layout-of-galaxy-s21/

emma12897
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Your post is so long.
0 Likes